Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mo Willems Alert!


Mo Willems will be at the Clackamas Town Center Barnes & Noble Monday October 4th (that's tomorrow night, folks) at 6:30! He'll be reading from his latest in his adored stuffed animal series: Knuffle Bunny Free. Which, for Portlanders, begs the question: why, for the love of Jove, is he not reading at Powell's? (Probable answer: PR and parking.) Ah, well. No matter. Small (corporate) price to pay for a chance to hear a true picture book master read from his own work. I hope to heavens he highlights my favorite picture book of 2010 as well: City Dog Country Frog in which he collaborated with Jon J. Muth to make a spiritual tour de force on the circle of life and friendship for kids.

Thank the stars I checked my messages. Illustrator extraordinaire Ward Jenkins kindly tipped me off on this. Many thanks, Ward!

Don't miss out.

No comments: