Cynthia Leitich Smith's fabulous blog Cynsations. Thanks, Cynthia, for posting this. And thanks to Jone MacCulloch and all the other great people for organizing this auction.
Please donate and bid!
Bridget Zinn, is a librarian, fellow kidlitophile, and talented author. Her debut YA novel Poison (Disney Hyperion) will hit the shelves in 2012. Bridget was diagnosed in 2009 with Stage IV colon cancer. Last year, a bunch of generous folks donated and bid on items in an online auction to raise money to help Bridget and her husband Barrett with their medical expenses. Learn more about Bridget, her writing, and her great sense of humor here.
Bridget is still fighting, so this year there will be another auction, “Bridget Kicks Cancer: Season of Love and Hope.” Bidding will take place from Nov. 22 to Dec. 4.
Please consider donating an item or service by Nov. 19.
- To donate, go to http://bit.ly/bridgetkickscancer to fill out and submit the Item Donation Form.
- If you have more than one item to donate fill out a separate form for each item.
- For each item you submit, send images to accompany the item listing--up to four images per item! Please email images to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get your donations in by Nov. 19!
Items that have been popular and successful in previous auctions include:
- Author and writer services: critiques, help with social networking
- Autographed books
- Handcrafted jewelry or greeting cards
- Local services: wine tours, house rentals, consulting work
- Original Artwork: perhaps design an 8 x 10 -12 x 24 around the theme of “Season of Love” (paying homage to Bridget’s “Summer of Love”), offer to commission a piece of art, or donate an existing piece
- Gift items
- The auction will begin at 8 a.m. Nov. 22 and conclude at 7 p.m. Pacific / 9 p.m. Central Dec. 4.
- To bid on items, visit the auction site at http://bit.ly/bridgetauction and follow the instructions for bidding.
- Winners will be notified by Dec. and sent instructions for payment at that time.
- As soon as payment is received, donors will ship or otherwise provide the item won to the winning bidder. Since this is around the holidays, send items as soon as possible after notification that payment has been received.
Questions? Email email@example.com!